Saturday, September 29, 2007

103.3...

was what the thermometer was reading last night! My baby girl is sick again!! She was fine all day, went to school, played, was picked up by her daddy for her ENT/Allergist appt. and then, BAM, temp. It must be another nasty virus! Keep your fingers crossed that she is well quickly.

Follow-up ENT/Allergist appt: Avery has had a running nose, cough, sneezing, etc. since she came home from Vietnam. We first thought that she was allergic to rice (strange I know). So, we eliminated rice from her diet. No improvement! To make a long story short, she is too small for her adenoids to come out. We have to give her rhinetan (sp?) for a while until we can get her a little older to have surgery - poor baby! However, I am not surprised! Owen had the same issues ending with the same result and has improved tremendously!!!!!! Let's hope the same for Miss Avery!

4 comments:

Dianna said...

Poor little girl. I hope she's feeling better soon! Sick kids are just the worst - they can't figure out why mommy doesn't make it all better :(

Craig and Chaunta said...

Aww! I think it is a theme. Liam has spent 2/3's of his 1st year home with some sort of cold or illness. We keep hoping he will outgrow it...

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry Avery isn't feeling well AGAIN. Reminds me of Ava's first year home...I swear 11 out of 12 months she was sick. We were constantly in a state of going to the Dr, giving antibiotics, using the nebulizer, and so on. It's so hard to see them sick. :( I hope she's feeling better this week.

Gina said...

Rhinetan--YUCK! I could never get my kids to take that thick, gray gunk. Avery must be quite a trooper! Hope she's feeling better soon. Gina