Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gift Suggestions - Teachers?

Since Christmas is right around the corner Scott and I are beginning our shopping season early. Owen and Avery's teachers always seem to be the most difficult to buy for. I think it is due to the large quantity of gifts that we need to purchase (Owen has a total of 4 teachers and Avery has 6)! Does anyone have any suggestions?

5 comments:

Lisa and John said...

As a teacher I love getting gift certificates to something fun like the movies or a pedicure. There are only so many mugs and picture frames that I have room for, plus it reminds me to take time to do something for myself. Hope this helps.

Leigh said...

I make thank you cards/stationary for WB's teachers. It is generally well received because they have lots of little notes to write. I get the blank cards from Hobby Lobby and personalize with stamps and ribbon. I'll get getting on it in the next couple of weeks and I'll post a sample.

Good Luck!

Jason and Erin said...

I read in a magazine about taking digital pictures of your kids' drawings, uploading them to Shutterfly (or the like) and making gift cards out of them. Good idea, but not for the REALLY little ones. Loston just draws gobs and gobs of circles!

Willis said...

I teach elementary school, and I love getting gift cards. Even if they're just $5 or $10. I also enjoy Christmas ornaments. I have some through the years and each year when I put the tree up I'm reminded of those former students.

Heather (Rocco's mom)
www.willisadoptionstory.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

I would suggest either a gift card (small amount) or some pampering items such as lotions, hand cream/soap, etc.