Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Specialists Report on Dad

My dad went to the specialist for his anuerism this afternoon. The doctor did not seem very concerned about it thus far. He wants dad to return to him in 9 months for another sonogram. If the anuerism does not increase in size he will have periodic check ups and if it does, he may have to do something with it. He said that they are not too concerned until it gets to a size 5 (currently it is 3 x 3.6). According to this physician, surgery on anuerisms is not as bad as it used to be. "It is a pretty simple procedure". First, there is NO procedure that is simple and secondly, an anuerism is a BIG deal! In the meantime, he should control his blood pressure (which he is already medicated for). I guess I feel better knowing that the doctor is not very concerned, but the truth is, I am still terrified!!!

3 comments:

Jay, Jane and Jared said...

WOOHOO! Sounds like GREAT news to me ---- 9 months for follow-up is a long time and that tells me that YES it's a small aneurysm - but the big question to me is HOW DID YOUR DAD FEEL ABOUT The SURGEON?

Nadra said...

It sounds good Leslie. But one of our bible study teachers always says "it's not major surgery if it's someone else...but when it's someone you love...it's ALWAYS major to you." I'll continue to pray for you guys.

Gina said...

I know you must be so worried. We'll keep praying for his recovery and for your peace.
Love, Gina