Saturday, January 26, 2008

We're Officially Walking!

Miss Avery is now officially walking. She is able to stand up in the middle of the room, walk across the room and even turn and go in a different direction. Look out world, here she comes!

Post-Op Take Two - Avery still does not seem to be herself. She is very crabby and all she wants to do is be held (which of course, we don't mind). She appeared to be having some trouble breathing this evening so we gave her a breathing treatment and within 15-20 minutes, she was on the floor, playing and mobile. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I plan on keeping her home from school on Monday. My aunt has agreed to stay with her - which she LOVES!!!

7 comments:

Jay, Jane and Jared said...

Hope Avery is back to normal soon ~ but I have to ask, who LOVES it more Avery or Aunt Donna???

Dania Efird said...

nebulizer treatments are great for sickly babies! our daughter has asthma and when she's having breathing problems we give her the treatment and she's usually much much better by the time the treatment is over with! also, thanks for the help in the forum!

Cindy, Chuck, and Rhett said...

I hope Avery gets well soon!

Heather said...

Wow - a walker! You'll have to post some pics or video of that soon. Glad the procedure went well. I hope that will mean healthier days ahead for Miss Avery.

Rachel said...

You will be SO thankful that you had those adenoids removed at a young age. Our 6 year old just had hers out (along with tonsils), and although it went smoothly, I wish I had them out ages ago. The last few years have been full of outrageous colds (of which I'll spare you the details... ;). I hope her recovery continues to go well! And with her new walking skills I'm sure she's ready to start flying around the house at full speed once again. :)

Heather M. said...

Wow! A walker already! That is so great...have fun following her around the house! I hope she is feeling better soon. Our boys were pretty sick with coughs & colds/asthma the first three years home. It got much better when we moved from AL to TX. I think something in the air or the trees there really upset their little systems! Hope you find the 'cure' soon!
Heather M.

Dianna said...

Walking! Wow! Go Avery :) I hope you're back to your ornery self in no time!