Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy Lunar New Year/Tet!!!

This years Lunar New Year/Tet celebration was special because it was spent with BOTH of my babies (at home)!!! Last year we waited for Avery while most of Vietnam shut down for a 2 week period. Everywhere I went, I saw beautiful Asian babies and all I could think about was how much she was growing and without me. So, this year was extra special.

Owen took a special Korean snack to school to share with his friends (Avery enjoyed the cookies as well). In addition, a fellow adoptive parent spoke about Chinese culture with his class. So, both traditions were touched upon. That evening we ordered Chinese since that is the closest Asian meal close to home. Although, the whole time we waited Owen told me how much he wanted to eat Korean. Little stinker!!!! We hope that everyone enjoys this special holiday season!!!

No comments: