Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 2 in Vegas (Tuesday)

After 4 hours of sleeping, we got up, jumped in the shower and headed down to starbucks for some drinks. Scott prepared to head off to his convention while I enjoyed the morning at the spa. Owen and Avery (with the help of daddy) got me an hour sweedish massage with a maicure to follow for Mother's Day. It was so nice and relaxing! I highly recommend the massage!!

After the spa, I went to order some lunch while my nails where drying, ate, came back to the room for a shower (you're rather greasy after a massage). I found my soap opera on tv, so I had to watch it. Then I decided that I was going to do an outing on my own. I walked SEVERAL blocks and went to the forum shoppes at Caesar's Palace. I had every intention to locate and purchase a Coach purse. I found lots of them but not quit the one that I wanted so I kept looking. Within the forum I managed to find The Cheesecake Factory, FAO Schwartz, Callaway Golf, Bath and Body and TONS of high end shops. I took the liberty of finding the Venetican as well. The inside of the Canal Shopping Center is absolutely beautiful! I did buy some Coach perfume there! Scott even liked it (and if you know Scott, he didn't even freak out about the cost:)).

I finally decided that I would go back to our hotel and rest for about an hour before Scott returned from his seminar. Low and behold...I couldn't sleep. I just laid around (kind of what I am doing now). We called Owen and Avery and ran out the door to do more sight seeing. We walked MILES down to the MGM Grand to see the Lion Habitat, the Coke Factory and M and M World. We headed down to Mandalay Bay to see the sharks but decided they weren't worth seeing for $40.00. So, we hailed a taxi and returned to have a buffet style dinner and a sleeping pill.

Now that I have seen many of the properties along the strip, I can safely say that the Venetician by far is the most beautiful (following the Bellagio of course). If we ever come to Vegas again that is where we will stay. Provided that we have a sitter. Vegas is no place for kids. There is nothing here for them! Anyay, I am posting some pictures for you to see. If you see my babies please give them a kiss and tell them that we love them! Thanks mom and dad!

No comments: