Monday, May 28, 2007

trying to remain positive...

for traveling in June. Although, I do admit, I am terrified about the document that we are waiting for Avery's birth mother to sign (see May 25th post). I feel so sorry for her. The emotional difficulty of having to let your child go and then being asked to come back in to sign yet another form, 5 months later!!!!! What if she rethinks her decision? I know, I am being pessimistic but I am scared to death!

Owen has been sick with strep since Friday. So, he hasn't been eating and was running a fever. Finally, yesterday he made significant improvements (still not eating, but improvement) and wanted to go to grandmas. He ended up spending the night with her. So, to keep ourselves occupied, Scott and I went to Walmart (yes, walmart - I HATE walmart) at 10:00 last night to pick up the remaining items that we will be needing for travel (HOPEFULLY IN JUNE WITH JESSICA/KEN). When we get a little further into the process, I will post our list of items to bring.

In the meantime, please pray that Avery's birth mother is able to get into the local justice department SOON and that she is able to sign the document with the comfort of knowing (if she is told) that Avery's forever family is waiting for her.

6 comments:

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

I'm 99.999% positive that we'll travel together. Hopefully in June, but if it has to be July we will survive somehow. Also, I am terribly impressed that you have everything you need for the trip. Wow! I guess I'd better get packing so that we'll both be ready when we get our travel dates.

Keep your chin up! We're thinking about you.

: )

Jason and Erin said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I've been away from the computer this weekend, and I hadn't heard. I can't even imagine your terror. We'll pray hard for Avery's birthmom to come in, sign the document, and be at peace with it. For you, too. Let me know if there's anything I can do (right, I know.).

Jessica said...

OH MY! You (and avery's BM) are so in my prayers! I can not imagine your fears right now! I will be praying that that form get's signed ASAP!

Dan and Elisabeth said...

OH I will be praying!

Kathy said...

I would be nervous too, but I'm sure she will sign. If she was strong enough to make the loving decision to give Avery a good life, then she will be strong enough to sign. Hang in there!

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

Our thoughts are so with you today! We will be praying like mad for Avery and for you during this time. We all know there will be a light at the end of the tunnel eventually, but it sure must feel dark in the mean time. Just wanted to let you know that we care!

Paula