Thursday, May 31, 2007

WOOHOO!! WE HAVE A SIGNATURE AND ARE APPLYING FOR VISAS!!!!!!!

Finally, some relief! Avery's birth mother has signed the missing document and it is in the process of catching up with our dossiers. We are now applying for our 3 month VISA (between June 15 - September 15).

A visa is a document issued by a country giving an individual permission to formally request entrance to the country during a given period of time and for certain purposes and usually stamped or glued inside of a passport, or sometimes issued as separate pieces of paper. Many countries require possession of a valid passport and visa as a condition of entry for foreigners, though there exist exemptions .

Visas are associated with the request for permission to enter (or exit) a country, and are thus, for some countries, distinct from actual formal permission for an alien to enter and remain in the country.

Please continue to pray for Avery's birth mother and that we are headed to VN on the shorter end of the wait!

11 comments:

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

WAA HOOIE!!!!!!!!!

We are absolutely, positively THRILLED! I can't wait to make this trip with you guys!

Daniel and Jamie said...

So excited for y'all. Can't wait to follow your journey in VN!

Jay, Jane and Jared said...

WOOHOO!!! It is about time!!!
Hopefully you'll be traveling QUICKLY!

Cindy said...

Congrats! I was going to ask if we can get together when we are up there at the end of June, but you probably won't be there!!! Yippy!

Heather said...

I'm so happy and relieved for you!

Craig and Chaunta said...

Congrats! You are one step closer... We can't wait for the good news.

Julie said...

This is fantastic news.

Start packing!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

This is such great news!! You'll be booking tickets in no time. :)

Jason and Erin said...

I second Jessica's WAA HOOIE!!!!!!!!!
This is so AWESOME! I can't wait to meet you guys! We're gonna have a blast!!! VIETNAM, HERE WE COME!!!!!

Dan and Elisabeth said...

Yippee! That is wonderful news! You are going to have so much fun in Vietnam. We absolutely LOVED it!!! I can't wait to hear about your G&R!

Anonymous said...

Hey!

I am sure you may have already heard about this, but we were in the second travel group and we posted a travel packing list.
Go to www.perrymanadoption.com, look under journal, it is on the side bar maybe the 4th or so entry down, it says "Vietnam Info."
Our whole travel group did this together so it was pretty accurate.
Thought maybe it could help you in packing!
Looking forward to watching your journey.
Pass this info along to your travel group too!
thank you,
Natasha and Avi Joy