Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The Beginning Stages of Meltdown Mode

Well, I really thought that I would be able to control my feelings this time around. Oh, how wrong I was. I am in the beginning stages of meltdown mode! I am not sleeping at night and find myself daydreaming about our daughter: how much has she grown? Is she rolling over? Is she being nurtured? How will she interact with Owen (and he with her)? How will our trip to VN be? Will Owen be ok without me?...the list could continually go on! We have now waited 49 days since our LID and still waiting for our dossier and Avery's to be sent to Hanoi so that they can review and then send back to Can Tho. Can Tho will then send it on to the People Committee. Lastly, the dossiers are sent to the People's Committee (who will set our G & R date). I guess travel in May is still possible but I am thinking June. How will I make it 3 more months?!?!?!?!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Leslie, why don't you email me when you get a chance. I have an idea that might help you a little with your meltdown.

Kim
kimrace@cox.net

Kerrie (aka Zak's mom!) said...

I know what those meltdown days are like. Hang in there girl... more pics are on their way to you...just give me a couple of weeks and I'll be armed with my camera and video too! :) I'm always just an e-mail away if you need to vent!

Dianna said...

One day at a time Leslie - that's the only way we survive. I hope you hear good news soon and that you and Avery are united in Vietnam before you know it!

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

I've had a few meltdowns of my own. Just try to remember that you'll be in VN soon. We're also at 50 days since LID, and patience is not one of my virtues.

Rachel said...

Been there, done that, melted down plenty of times! I'm so sorry you're having a rough time right now. I hope you get great news soon!!