Monday, April 16, 2007

Daddy Broke Down!!!

Daddy broke down and had to participate in retail therapy! We went in to Gymboree to return an outfit and his heart melted when he saw this little outfit...




Along with retail therapy, we are having to review where exactly we are in the process. For those of you who need a refresher, the following is an outline (Thanks for the outline Jessica - LOL):

√1. Dossier Translation.
√2. Log In Date (LID). We were logged in on 2/14. Based on our LID, we can expect to travel between 5/14 and 8/14.
3. Baby Dossier/Provincial Approval. After the DIA sets the LID, they send a letter to the child's province requesting that the local Justice Department begin compiling the child's legal documentation, also referred to as the child's dossier. It can take about a week for the letter to be received by the local Justice Department. The process for compiling a child's dossier can take 30-45 business days, if not longer. This is currently in process... at least theoretically.
4. Dossier Review. This is the part where paperwork goes to Hanoi.
5. G&R Date Set. .
6. Travel! Families should have approximately two weeks notice before travel.

3 comments:

Dan and Elisabeth said...

Such a cute outfit! Avery will look adorable in it. :)

Rachel said...

I love the outfit! I'm addicted to Gymboree. :) I hope you're able to check off #3 very soon.

Julie said...

That's an adorable outfit. I can't wait to start shopping once we get a referral. Look out shopping mall!!!