Tuesday, July 17, 2007

no wonder!

No wonder Owen has been such a crab! Not only has his sister come along and altered his life style but so has the hand, foot, mouth disease! He has had blisters for 1 week now and they are finally starting to clear up (he has to be feeling better because he ate 3 helpings of spaghetti for dinner).

Last night he wanted to play with a flash light so I looked down his throat and WOW! It looked similar to bubble filled larva on both sides of his throat! Tons of blisters! That has to be why he has been crying out in his sleep - his throat dries and then starts to hurt! I gave him some Motrin (and I have been the last few nights) to try to ease the pain during resting. I hope this clears up and soon! Poor baby!

Guess who has blisters on her tiny hands now?

2 comments:

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

So sorry! I had it as a teenager -it is really miserable to have those sores in your throat. Lots of popsicles, maybe? We'll be praying that it gets better soon.

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Oh no! That doesn't sound like fun at all!! I hope you guys are at least getting some sleep!