
At the end of the road we pulled up in front of the orphanage. It was as pretty as the images that we had seen prior to leaving for Vietnam.

We walked in to a room that appeared to be a reception area. To right was a staircase. We took off our shoes and headed up the spiral steps. At the top was a desk and children playing on the floor. It was Rhett, Sang and a little boy who was one of the nannies children. They were playing with a lego type block and some small balls. We then were escorted into the small air conditioned nursery. As soon as we entered we could spot Avery. Her hair was standing at attention.

As we walked towards her, she began to cry. My guess is that she has never seen larger people with blondish hair:)). I picked her up and tried to console her. After a few minutes, she seemed to calm down.
She is a peanut - very petite, loves to be cuddled, sucks her thumb and has an abundant amount of hair!!!!!

Scott, Aunt Donna and I held and cuddled Avery for 2 hours! Before we left we went into the nursery to take a few pictures of Jake and one other Dillon baby. They are precious!

Tonight we have to meet to begin some important paperwork and then will head back to the Can Tho City orphanage tomorrow afternoon. We look forward to seeing our little peanut once more!
20 comments:
Oh Leslie, she is absolutely amazing!! Alright...I want to go to VN tomorrow hee hee. Steve and I just wanted to say thank you so very much for sharing your special day with us and thinking of us and Jake even on Avery's day!! You all are wonderful people.
Steve & Christi
She is so cute! I am so glad that y'all are there and with your sweet girl. The macaroni and cheese story is too funny!!!
Good stuff and success with the GnR. See you in two days...rumor has it Beckett is a chick magnet...
She is BEAUTIFUL! I love the pictures of you all together!! Can't wait to see her in person.
(Jared says she's cute but still no way can she stay at his house)
WOO HOO! I'm so glad that you are there with her. I love the hair!
Well I see ya'll made the trip to pickup your little bundel of joy. She sure is a pretty little one. The only thing is she going to have to give uncle cricket some of that extra hair. She sure has a head full. Hope every thing and eveyone is doing good. Hope to see ya'll real soon. Give Avery a big hug and kiss from everyone in TEXAS. Love Ya'll
It is wonderful seeing all of you together. I am so excited that you are finally there! Congratulations on your beautiful daughter.
Heather in SC (Rocco's mom from Vietnam)
Hey Sister,
Avery is beautiful!!! Timmy and I can't keep the tears of joy from our eyes everytime we see the pictures. Love that hair!! I have been talking to your mom and it seems like all is going well there. Can't wait for you all to get home.
Love,
Glenn, Pam and Tim
She is precious!! Great pictures!
YAY!!!!! You are there!!! The memories are flooding back to me... about the food...go eat NEXT DOOR at the Cappuchino restaurant that is just to the left when you leave the hotel... we ate so many meals there and EVERYTHING we ordered there was WONDERFUL!!! We even had smoothies there that were to die for! Save your beef jerky for later and also...enjoy the pool there, it is the BEST one on your trip! Avery is beautiful!! It is so good to see her in your arms finally!!
Wow!! I'm lost for words. She is beautiful!! John said for Leslie not to order no more Max and Cheeze and hurry up and get home. Cricket said Avery could share some of her hair with him, well John needs some too and I think she has enough for both. We are so excited. You guys are so lucky to have such gorgious children. Scott, you and Lesie are very special people. We love you. Hope to see you real soon.
She's adorable!
Oh my gosh she is gorgeous! We are so happy for you. What an incredible day - what a blessing! Take care and enjoy your time in VN.
OH MY....She is GORGEOUS! How excited you all must be! Avery is one very lucky little girl to have two such WONDERFUL parents...not to mention the BEST big brother in the world! Give her a big hug and kiss from the girls and I. We love you BUNCHES!
LaDonna, Lauren, & Madison
P.S. I don't think Maddie is quite ready to share her Papa yet! haha Guess we'll need to start working on that!
Scott and Leslie...
We got the short video of Sang.
Bless you.
It is wonderful to see you all together! I can't wait to see and read more.
She is super cute. Have a wonderful trip.
Hey guys...we are so excited for you! We loved the pictures and will be following your journey closely. We hope to be at the airport when you come home. Hang in there!
Craig, Chaunta, Aiden & Liam
Oh my...she's precious...just precious. I can't wait to see more pictures and hear more stories. You guys are doing great.
Blessings!!
She is absolutely adorable!!! Congrats to all of you. What a neat experience. I will be praying for a safe return.
Post a Comment