Tomorrow is the day that we leave for VN and surprisingly enough, I am calm! While I do admit, that at times, I have been a little on edge throughtout this entire adoption process. However, the second time around is not as...lets see, what word am I looking for...not as, horrific as the first! I guess that having one child at home keeps you more busy than when you are awaiting the arrival of your first child. With that being said, I am so anxious to see my precious Avery. I wonder how she is doing (emotionally, physically, developmentally)? I wonder what her greiving process will be? I wonder if she will easily bond? The list of I wonders goes on forever. The exciting part...we will soon find out all of these things for ourself! Most importantly, I can't wait to HOLD HER!!!!!
For our family and friends ~ Avery's adoption process will be similar to that of Owen's. We want to do everything in our power to establish a bond with Avery and help her form an attachment to us, as well as our family. Please do not be offended if we do not pass her around. With time, she and we will be more comfortable being handed to others!
Please continue to pray for a safe journey for Scott, Aunt Donna and I and for Avery, her caregivers, birth mother and Vietnam.
WOOHOO! We leave tomorrow!
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Happy traveling day!!!
I am glad the day is finally here. We will be following your journey. Safe Trip!
WOW!!! Tomorrow!!! I'm so excited for you and so sorry that I haven't been keeping better track of your trip schedule...things have been, well, a little busy around our house lately...no computer time to be found! That being said, things are starting to get into a routine and I will be following your journey very closely! Say "Hi" to Zakary Binh's nannies for me and have a GREAT time. Enjoy and soak up every minute of your time there...it will seem short once you get back to the states, I promise! Can't wait to see you with Avery in your arms and all that hair brushing against your cheek!!!! YAY!!! We'll be praying and hopefully posting!
Praying for all of you Leslie. Have a wonderful trip. Looking forward to following your journey.
Blessings!!
EXCELLENT! Your calmness is admirable! Keep it up!!
I can't wait to follow your journey and see your pictures!!
Safe travels, blessings and peace!
Hey Leslie! Have a wonderful trip. can't wait to see you holding your precious Avery. Enjoy Vietnam! SusieR
It's finally "tomorrow"! Have a safe, wonderful trip ~ can't wait to see you with Miss Avery!
Jay, Jane & Jared
Have a great trip.
Have a wonderful and safe trip. We can't see you guys home!
Have a fantastic and safe journey! Can't wait to hear all about Avery!!!
Post a Comment