Tuesday, June 26, 2007

We made it back to HCMC

Thomas picked us up in Can Tho City last night (morning in the states) at 7:00, the director of the orphanage met us to say goodbye and we headed back to HCMC. We finally arrived back at the Rex around 11:00pm. We made excellent time! There is a lot less traffic later in the evening in those smaller provinces. Aunt Donna was scared to death by the drivers driving skills. We told her just "don't look". Avery did fantastic! She slept for the first few hours and then was awake and looking around. When we got back to the hotel we gave her a bottle, asked for a crib and layed her down. I guess she was out by 11:30pm. She slept until 4:45am. We have now played, had another bottle and is tired once more.

Today, Scott will go to UCIS to file our I-600 and then will return. We plan to have Pizza Hut at some point in time. We are STARVING!!!!! We also have to run to the Saigon Tax Center for some baby items and maybe to the mall across the street.

The internet connection here is not as good as it was in Can Tho. We will try to post as often as possible. Thank you so much for posting comments. We love reading them!!!

12 comments:

Steve said...

I love that hair Avery! You are such a doll. Have fun with your mommy and daddy, they love you with all that they are!

Jake's Mommy & Daddy

Dan and Elisabeth said...

I am so glad you made it back to HCMC safe and sound. I can't wait to see more pictures of Avery!

Jay, Jane and Jared said...

Avery looks more beautiful in every picture!! I'm glad you didn't have the extra delay - enjoy shopping & Pizza Hut!

Kerrie (aka Zak's mom!) said...

So glad that your trip back was fairly uneventful. We will be praying that the rest of your trip doesn't have any more snags! Avery is beautiful and looks so content. I hope that the nights ahead are peaceful. We are thinking of you!

Willis said...

I can't get over how much hair your little peanut has! She's a living doll; I'm so excited for your family. It may seem a little surreal at the moment, but with each day it will become more real. She is forever yours!

Heather in SC
(mommy to Rocco from Ninh Thuan, Vietnam)

Jessica said...

She is beautiful. I am glad to hear things are going to well for you!

Jennifer said...

Scott and Les, she is so darn cute I just want to squeeze her! Thanks for updating, it is nice to see how things are going.

Heather said...

Avery is such a cutie! She is going to give lots of people hair envy. Have a great time in HCMC.

Craig and Chaunta said...

Enjoy your time HCMC. Be sure to buy lots of stuff there, because things are more expensive in Hanoi.

Glad to hear things are back on track. We are praying that you make it home as scheduled.

Rob and Kristina Simmons said...

Avery is just beautiful! She definitely favors her mommy's looks, but seems to be a bit of a daddy's girl from the pictures. Stay cool and keep eating Pizza Hut or your crackers! We can't wait to meet her!

Rachel said...

She is precious. The photo of her sleeping looks like a baby doll. :) Glad you are back in HCMC and things are moving along! Can't wait to hear more about your experiences!!

Erin said...

She could not be any more beautiful! Enjoying your blog! CONGRATULATIONS!